CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 24, 2013

ATC - It's Okay 2 Change

Click HERE if you are arriving here from Clear It Out Challenge.

Today I want to share an ATC I did for a Spring/Summer ATC swap with my CropChocolate Design Team members. 

While trying to come up with an idea for my ATC, I was thinking what Spring and being on CropChocolate's Design Team meant to me . . . and what, if anything, did they have in common.  Well, it didn't take me long to figure that out.  Spring is about new beginnings . . . or change.  And being on CCDT#3, I found myself growing and changing as a papercrafter . . . at first, I wasn't sure how I liked that.  But I realized that I am constantly growing and changing both as a crafter and as a person.  As the papercrafting industry grows and changes, I see myself and my style grow and change.  And that is OKAY.  Hence, I came up with my sentiment "It's Okay 2 Change".  And I also decided to use butterflies on my ATC as another symbol of change and how sometimes change is a good thing.   Here's how it turned out:

Supplies:
Manila tag paper
Tim Holtz distress inks - Antique Linen, Seedless Grapes, 
Peeled Paint and Black Soot
Glitz "Love Me" navy alpha (yes, navy but they look black to me)
Making Memories magnetic alpha stamp (for the word "change")
Zig black pen
Diamonds Stickles
Charcoal twine from The Twinery
jute string from Maya Road
heart confetti from UnWowStudio

I used embossing paste and a hexagon mask to emboss the background.  After letting it dry for 48 hours (I wanted to make sure it was DRY), I inked it with 3 different inks.  After letting it dry for 48 hours again, I stamped the background using the script background stamp from Tim Holtz, added some of the new solid Charcoal twine from The Twinery, did some doodling around the edges, some faux stitching  around the letters, and heart confetti (which I painted red with my twinkling H2O).  For the butterflies, I used Seedless Grapes for color and Diamond Stickles for the body and then used Helmars Scrap Dot Adhesive to adhere them to my ATC.

All-in-all I am very happy with this ATC . . . and I am VERY happy with the changes I have seen in myself and my papercrafting this past year.  I pray that I will continue to make great changes in the future. 

Challenge(s)* entered:
Hiding in My Craft Room - thread/stitching (real or faux)\


Till the next time I'm up in the night. Kathy

*(I have 1 or 2 more challenges I am going to enter this in, but I can't remember the addys right now.  So will add them later today when I am more awake. lol )

1 comments:

Barbara Godden

Awesome ATC, lessons, I need lessons. I would love to be able to create like this. I bought some silks hoping to get creative in a journal. TFS your fabulous work.

Post a Comment